[softwarelist] Re: Ovation Pro 2.77 (5th November 2009) RISC OS

  • From: Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:55:51 +0000 (GMT)

On 05 Nov, Philco <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Pilling wrote:
> > In message <50b57b9840philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Phil <philco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > writes
> >> Oooer, in the riscos version update, is the Info in the 'about this
> >> program correct?'
> >> I seem to have 2.70 (24th Dec 02)
> >
> > I've no idea what has gone on with your upgrade, but 2.70 is
> > definitely not available on the web site, and the file you sent me
> > appears to be today's upgrade.
> >

> Thanks David. Did you actually try the refresh in the files I sent too.
> As you say the files seem to be correct.

> If I try and use it it still gives me the old version.

> Very strange.

> Regards

> Phil
> To unsubscribe or subscribe goto: //www.freelists.org/list/davidpilling

Just thought I do a check. I have an old Refresh which has been in the
same directory as all the upgrades for years. Guess what, its never done
this before, but it was seeing that refresh rather than the one I'd run
in the Zip file of the new version. The strange thing is, running the
second downloaded version of upgrade even with the old refresh in the
directory, installed OK.

One of those things....

I'll post this on the maillist too.

Thanks