[softwarelist] Re: OvPro Document size

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 13:28:10 +0000

Hi,

On 20/12/2016 12:53, Alan Adams wrote:

So that would be the memory limit to hold everything. Is there a
similar file size limit?

An OP document is a file containing a memory image - I don't know the file size limits on Windows, but I assume they are bigger than the memory limits. Saying that again, an OP document is loaded into memory in one chunk. 2GB of memory equals 2GB of file.

However as Alan points out and I'd not thought, referenced images don't count in these calculations - except you have to have enough free memory to load each one.

You could have a "document" with a million 1MB images (1TB) as long as they were all referenced. The document file (ex images) would be a few 100MB.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com