[softwarelist] Re: Ov to Html

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:10:33 +0100

In article <29a8f3ad54.cferris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Colin Ferris <cferris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <54adeded24riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In article <54ad9d79a0dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >    Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [snip]

> > It would be good to be able to pass something on to someone else
> > to operate, & SerifPP has relatively cheap offers. If only there
> > were a corporate tariff for using OvPro Windows! Parishes run on
> > a shoestring can't afford to buy several copies for occasional
> > use.

> What about supplying them a copy of the Demo version - of OvPro?

I'm not looking to pass on a copy of a magazine edition, but to get
someone to take over my monthly DTP task, if only occasionally. Could
they use that version as a genuine one, to produce a new month's
magazine from my template and print a master copy from it?

I'd love to attract parish mag editors (there are hundreds [1]  of
them, currently using either Serif or more often oldish versions of
Microsoft Publisher) to convert to OvPro. Microsoft Publisher, as I
recall, appears to be no longer even an add-on to 'Office' but is a
yearly-subscription package.

[1] World-wide there are thousands of such magazines being produced,
judging from "ParishPump" which provides syndicated material for
editors each month.

Sorry about any thread-drift. One doesn't anticipate the response
rate! But it's certainly OvPro advocacy.

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx