[softwarelist] On the subject of new sprite formats

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 12:58:33 +0100

Hi,

Let me run this one past you...

You've got a new Titanium or Rapido computer, you do some screen snaps, put them in a Draw file or Ovation Pro document, send them to someone else and they complain they can see nothing.

Well its the new sprite format.

Currently I am working on making Ovation Pro work correctly on these new machines. However that means making it so that existing documents will work correctly.

Making it so that documents that use new format sprites work is another bigger project.

I presume support for the new format sprites will trickle down to new versions of RISC OS for the old machines.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com