[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Steve Yandell <steyan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 22:00:14 +0100

On 06 Jul, Chris Manning <cgm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <7963f4b64f.chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Hughes <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > As to whether I would purchase an update would depend nowadays on what
> > the new features were. Direct PDF export similar to EasiWriter, would
> > get me upgrading.

> No doubt I'll be told that I should spend more money in order that I can
> experience the joys of the latest version of TechWriter, but that raises
> an interesting question.  Can anyone remember when we last had to pay for
> an upgrade to OPro?  Can anyone who has taken all the paid-for upgrades
> to Easi/TechWriter since that time tell us how much he's spent on so doing?
> My guess is that it will be in the hundreds of pounds.

> Chris

I do not presume to tell you what the answer to your problem with PDF is,
nor whether you should upgrade your copy of Easiwriter.

However I doubt that the cost of such an upgrade is prohibitively
expensive, as you seem to suggest (the answer was always on Icon's web
site, and depends on what you are upgrading from). I have no hesitation in
supporting, by paying the modest charge which he makes, the work which
Martin does for the improvement of the Icon stable's products; and I think
that this list (to which Martin contributes) has recently been unanimous
in offering to pay David for further work on Ovation Pro.

HTH
Steve

--
steyan@xxxxxxxxxxxx