[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: "Anthony Baker" <bonytaker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 20:10:16 +0100

John Cartmell writes:

On 25 Jun, Anthony Baker <bonytaker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As you say there is no more future in the wonderful Acorn Platform and you
would be wasting your time.

You are both quite wrong in your assessment and quite wrong to agree to your
joint pessimism. David may not be working on a future for RISC OS (but I wish
he would) but other people are. I intend to use RISC OS machines in my
retirement and that's still some time off. And I don't intend using the
current hardware and OS either! ;-)
--
        John
John I don't think that you quite understand the point that I was making. I can't speak for David, but I am suggesting that for anyone who makes a living writing software is on a hiding to nothing if he continues to persevere with RiscOS. he will soon be a very poor man. For myself I will contine to use RiscOS for as long as my machines allow. Very best wishes to David and all in the Acorn community, and long may they continue. Tony Baker