[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:05:16 +0100

In a dim and distant universe <4864AF36.4010902@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

> There are about 300 names in my programming agency database, which also
> has not been developed for years, but that does not mean that any of
> these agencies are still in business.

By virtue of the fact emails don't bounce (or get returns as mailbox
over-quota) I assume that they're still in use. I also assume that if
people weren't interested, they'd unsubscribe.

Anyway....

> You state that you know of many people who run RISC OS and are unaware
> of other RISC OS users and do not use RISC OS forums. Let us accept that
> there are indeed thousands of these people, rather than a figment of
> your imagination. Why don't you contact these people and inform them of
> the joys of OPro and ask them to contact David Pilling?

Oh I do. I usually end up having a long chat with them, and point them to
the various magazines, newsgroups and local usergroups in their area.
However, this is the slow way of finding the RISC OS users - as it relies
on them requiring help and happening to find my telephone number, which I
imagine would also be a small subset of potential users.

> I know that you will not consider passing on the details of these people
> to David Pilling so that he can mailshot them (privacy etc), so why
> don't you make the first move? If there is any substance at all to your
> claims, then this might result in extra sales for OPro (RISC OS or
> Windows) and indeed any other software that is being developed for RISC
> OS.

> Will you (can you) do this, or have I called your bluff?

Oh indeed. If David would like me to include an Ovation flyer in any of my
mailshots, I'd be more than willing to include one. In fact, I just put a
RISC OS Now flyer in with a batch of Orpheus re-subscription renewals,
which I think resulted in about 4 new subscribers for RONow, just this
week. :-)

In fact, if David has a flyer as a document, I'll even print it out for him
- can't say better than that. :-)

Paul Vigay
Editor, www.RISCOS.org

--
Using, programming and promoting RISC OS - the most productive computer
system in the world. Check it out now, and change your view of computers!!

To reply/email, visit http://www.riscos.org/feedback/

51 things to do in a lift....
 13. Greet everyone getting on the lift with a warm handshake and ask them to
call you Admiral.