[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Brian Bailey <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:29:13 +0100

In article <4fb4aa47f8bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Brian Bailey <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> Speaking personally, I can see a very real need to export OvatProW files
> in QuarkXpress or InDesign format. Now, is that possible, is that a
> reality that David could address and extend OvatProW usefulness and make
> it much more flexible?

I note no response. However, whilst noting that DDL has been mentioned I
wonder if, alternatively, XML is a possibility, whilst admitting I know
next to nowt about that format, I see that both QuarkXpress and InDesign
permit import/export in that format. It seems to me that flexibility,
cross platform, for further development of OvatPro is possibly the only
way forward.