[softwarelist] Re: OPro: searching for a style

  • From: Jhr JMAH van Vredenburch <janvredenburch@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:46:01 +0100

In message <fa36aefc50.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip some]

> in the Find field i type the wildcard \* meaning "any string" and
> leave the Replace field blank.  i expect it to find the next whole
> block that is marked with this style.  but it results in an error:
> "Wild card search text matches the null string."  that's not much
> help.

> what am i misunderstanding?

I'm not quite sure what \*, especially when combined with some text.
But you could try  \a.  that does function.

You mentioned the ease of using F4 There is a key shortcut for the
SRWE applet. Problem is that it clashes with the IDX applet. In my set
up I changed The SRWE key short cut to Shift F4. To do this you need a
small change in the final line of !SRWE.Library.replace:
 Change ("CS_F4") to read ("S_F4").

--
Greetings,
JohnvV