[softwarelist] Re: OPro: searching for a style

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:56:34 GMT

Jan De Poorter wrote on 23 Mar:
> Try the SRWE applet from
>  http://www.davidpilling.info/cd/applets.html

OK, i've got the SRWE applet.  the URL you gave seems to be the
Windows version, but i found SRWE on Chris Johnson's site:
www.chris-johnson.org.uk/ovationpro/applets.html  -- version 0.02
apparently dated 2003.  SRWE = Search and Replace With Effects, i see.

it's rather frustrating in use, though, unless i am misunderstanding
something.  i now want to find "any text" in the style "bulleted list"
in my 300-page document because i want to check for consistency.

in the Find field i type the wildcard \* meaning "any string" and
leave the Replace field blank.  i expect it to find the next whole
block that is marked with this style.  but it results in an error:
"Wild card search text matches the null string."  that's not much
help.

what am i misunderstanding?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk