[softwarelist] Re: OPro: "referencing" existing pictures

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:39:58 +0000

In message <b40078e850.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jim Nagel <opro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

would it make sense to turn them all into "referenced" pictures?
are there disadvantages?

The main problem is the obvious one, the referenced files may get lost or separated from the document.

if it's a good idea, is there a straightforward, mass way of going
about it, or do i have to do each picture individually?

It's the kind of thing it would be good to get someone else to do, or which is easier done gradually e.g. when you're making the document.

Someone could write a clever macro for a text editor which took a DDL file and converted all the pictures in it to referenced form.

I don't know why I didn't offer to extract/reference all pictures. Perhaps I was worried about finding sensible names for them.