[softwarelist] Re: OPro for Mac OSX: yes please!(was Hearsay 2.24)

  • From: Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:18:14 +0000

On 29/11/2012 23:29, David Pilling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forwarded from Jeremy Brayshaw...
>

> Well, I will certainly be racing you to be head of that queue! I've been
> = longing for a DTP package on the Mac for years - there is nothing that
> = comes even close to OPro in terms of facilities (or ease of use) I've
> = tried lots of Mac DTP progs, but none do what OvPro does!
>
> Jeremy.
>

> Jeremy Brayshaw

Hi,

As a convert to Mac for three years now I began by using OvPro under
VRPC and 'shadowing' this using Pages (part of iWork) on the Mac. The
Pages workflow seemed very awkward compared with OvPro and the latter
was far easier and faster to use.

That was only at the start - with use comes familiarity and I now use
Pages by preference. It is a proper DTP program using page layout.

There is, however, one aspect of OvPro (and RISC OS) the Mac cannot
match: altering the aspect ratio of text is not possible on Mac (unless
one can afford Quark Express) but is a 'standard' facility of the RISC
OS Font Manager. This single aspect alone

--
Roger Foden