[softwarelist] OPro for Mac OSX: yes please!(was Hearsay 2.24)

  • From: Jack Evans <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:10:26 +0000 (GMT)

On 28 Nov, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> In message <AA6FD2AE-71A1-4948-B9F3-E277F0F65682@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Michael Talibard <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >One of my long-term fantasies is to win the Lottery, and make you an
> >offer you can't refuse to write OPro for the Mac.

> Oh well I can share that fantasy.

> People have long said that there is scope for OP on the Mac. Of course
> since I foolishly have avoided Macs until today, I can't say. But I
> think I should have taken Acorn's advice in 1996 to get into the Mac
> world.

That is the best bit of news I've had for a long time. If David's change
of heart materialises into the product I'll be at the head of the queue
with my pennies. I'm encouraged to know that I'm not the only one to feel
this way.

Every time I try to get to grips with OPW on the Mac via VMWare Fusion
emulator (which now needs a paid-for upgrade to run on the latest OSX
version) I find the result so clunky that I give up.

So I hope David that when you delve into the mysteries of OSX you don't
find the task of producing a Mac version of OP as daunting as you
thought!

Regards

Jack
--
Jack Evans                              Bristol UK
mailto:jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx