[softwarelist] Re: OPro double-click oddity

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 12:51:27 +0100

In message <50b62eadferkp@xxxxxxxxx>
          Richard Partridge <rkp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that from Ovation 2.77k (28 Jan 2009)
> onwards, double-clicking in text to select a word at the beginning of
> a line selects the white space of the line above as well?

No, that does not happen here in 2.77m (05-Nov-2009), RISC OS 5.14.

> I see that double-clicking a word in the middle of a line now selects
> the word plus the space before it, whereas it used to select the word
> plus the space after it.

No, that works exactly as it should here.

> I also find that copying text via the global clipboard from
> Easiwriter into Ovation, which used to work, now tends to drop the
> text into the line above where one intended (saving it in is OK).

Yes, that is happening here as well, and this is quite an annoying
bug. It does not matter from which application you copy, so it is not
related to EasiWriter. Also happens when copying from Zap.

It works correctly when pasting into the first line of a paragraph,
but when pasting into the second or any subsequent lines, the text
always ends up in the previous line, not the one the caret is in. This
problem only occurs when "Global clipboard" is acticated and a foreign
application owns the clipboard.

Martin