[softwarelist] Re: OPro default document.

  • From: Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:23:59 +0100

On 1 Jul 2015 David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Peter,

On 01/07/2015 17:00, Peter Young wrote:
The saga continues, I'm afraid. The default document has continued to
show auto-hyphenation as ticked whatever I do!

I would think styles. When you save your default document you're saving
all the styles in it - auto hyphenation needs to be off in all those styles.

If subsequently you copy some text from another document and that text
has a style which has auto hyphenation set, well that text in the new
document has auto hyphenation turned on.

It's just like fonts or text colours.

Have a look at your styles - you can usually see the ones copied from
other documents BodyText00, BodyText01. ISTR there is a setting which
controls what happens to copied styles - you can chose not to copy the
definitions.

Many thanks, O Wise One. That has indeed solved the problem. I'd
totally forgotten about editing styles. I still use the ones I set up
when I bought OPro when it was new, on a whole lot of floppies; how
long ago was that? Since then I've always thought of them as just
"being there".

St David for ever!

Best wishes,

Peter.