[softwarelist] Re: OPro chapter numbers and contents

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:11:08 +0100

On 16 Jul, Jim Nagel  wrote in message
  <ab7be67b50.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> i find i can't trust the chapter and page numbers displayed in the
> standard Info Palette -- and in the applet called Page Palette, which
> i also have running.
>
> i temporarily have chapter number showing alongside page number in the
> footers of each page, and sometimes the figure in these palettes differs by
> 1 from that showing in the footer.  this is particulary true of the chapter
> number.  even when i explicitly select something on the page.

The number is for the page at the centre of the window, regardless of what is
selected at the time.

I've also got a feeling that there are effectively two numbering schemes, if
you have modified the chapter number sequence, but as I can't find the details
in the manual I could well be wrong on that.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/