[softwarelist] Re: OPro RISC OS Mailmerge problem.

  • From: Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:32:42 GMT

In message <4f4f1242c3evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <3f3a0b4f4f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm trying to print a two-page letter making fairly extensive use of
>> mailmerge, and I want to print this on two sides of the same sheet; I
>> don't have a duplex printer.

>> As far as I can see, there is no way of printing only a side at a time
>> when using mailmerge. In particular, setting "pause" in Print Setup
>> appears to have no effect. Is this really so, or am I doing something
>> wrong somewhere?

> I can't see a way of doing what you want directly from OPro, but in case
> no one comes up with a better solution, you could use PrintPDF to create
> a PDF file, then use the double-sided facility of !PDF to print the odd
> then even pages.

You can do it, but you need to use both the Print and Mailmerge
dialogues.

In Print, select just page 1. Click Set to make the setting
remembered. Close Print.
Open Mailmerge, add the csv file, click Set, then click Print.

For the second side, use the Print dialog, and select page 2, click
Set.
Use mailmerge, click Print.

The important, and not necessarily obvious bit, is the Set buttons.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx