[softwarelist] Re: OPro Manual

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:21:23 +0100

 My present computer has ample RAM. I therefore created the whole
manual as a single multi-chapter document (approx. 14Mb) and find that
using the index, then going to the page in the manual is almost as
fast as having a HTML file. Of course, it takes time to create this
single document. And of course you then use a copy.

For Windows there is a PDF of the complete manual which is useful for searching.

http://www.davidpilling.info/cd/DavidPilling/Documentation/Pdf/manual.pdf

 There are two ways to create a single document. The easy way is by
copying chapters into a single document, the hard way is by
Alt-dragging/drop first the text and then all pictures from the
separate chapters to the single document. I advise the latter
especially if you want to do testing on the (copy of the) manual.

I've never been one for doing things the easy way, but what is the advantage of the hard way in this case?

-- David Pilling email: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web: http://www.davidpilling.net post: David Pilling P.O. Box 22 Thornton Cleveleys Blackpool. FY5 1LR UK fax: +44(0)870-0520-941