[softwarelist] Re: OPro Manual

  • From: Graham Allan <allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:28:06 -0500

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 03:00:04PM +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> Um, I don't think you mean Linspire, that's a distro, like SUSE, which
> you've already got. AFAIK, it won't do much for you.
>
> I think what you want is WINE, http://www.winehq.com/ which provides an
> environment for Windows system calls to X-windows under Unix/Linux.
> You just download the package, read the readme, and run the confgurator, and
> Bob's your proverbial.
>
> The good news is that OPro is almost usable under WINE, but there are a
> number of annoyances which prevent it from being suitable as a production
> environment.

There's also Crossover Office, http://www.codeweavers.com/ (based on
WINE, and costs money, though not much) - has anyone tried Ovation Pro
under that? We use it here for MS-Office under Linux and it works very
well indeed.

G.
Graham Allan - I.T. Manager - allan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - (612) 624-5040
School of Physics and Astronomy - University of Minnesota