[softwarelist] Re: OPW - working with 2 windows open on same document

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:15:56 +0000

Another little problem I'm having using OPW running under the VMware Fusion emulator on an Apple Mac ...

A typical situation: I'm typesetting an article for a book, and want to check that all the references cited in the text are present in the bibliography (at the end of the article), and vice versa. So, I open 2 views on the document. In one window I search for each citation in turn; in the other I locate the reference in the bibliography. The problem is, when I click in the bibliography window, it affects the view shown in the other window ... e.g. if I find a citation on page 5 in window 1, as soon as I locate the reference in window 2 and click on it, window 1 reverts to a different page in the document.

Can anyone suggest how to get window 1 to remain exactly where I left it? Does this happen with OPW running on a native Windows XP computer (vs under emulation on a Mac)?
--
C.B.