[softwarelist] Re: OPW won't open DDL

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 14:10:30 +0000

Hi,

In message <55504D5A-DD8B-447F-A12D-0B6C273C5034@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
As I recall, after the initial failure, I did take it one step at a time ... and it failed at this point (i.e. not OK). In other words, changing the master directory name seemed to have the effect of causing OPW not to recognize its own DDL filetype, even tho' no editing of the DDL had been done at that point.

My feeling is that it is not the DDL that it is complaining about, it is the referenced files in it. Now, good point, it may be that if there's anything wrong with the filename like it does not exist you get this error, in which case going one step at a time won't work (unless the old and new picture folders exist), and if you're getting this error then the problem is you've not converted all the references,

Yes, I've done an experiment, if the DDL contains a referenced picture and the referenced picture can't be found (because the folder it is in has changed name), you get the (misleading) "File format not supported" error. I'll perhaps fix this now.

The solution to your problem is to convert *all* the references in the DDL into paths that exist. Miss any and you'll get this error.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK