[softwarelist] Re: OPW setting tabs

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:03:58 +0100

Hi,

In message <OF6CFA98CB.3F1C607B-ON80257782.00310379-80257782.0031B898@xxxxxxxxxxx>, andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes
There's chat in the mail list archive, but it is about the toolbox
window ending up on the wrong monitor for which there is a workaround.
Looks like I was the instigator of that discussion. The result was to
tick the "allow off screen" box for toolbox & info windows.

Paul Witheridge had a lot to say, back in 2003.

Depends what you mean by different resolutions. The two monitors are
different sizes so the screen size is set differently. One is
1440x900 and the other 1680x1050. The DPI setting is 96DPI and I'm
pretty sure this has to be the same for both.

I meant the dpi setting.

I'd expect the program to work correctly in one of the two monitors.

It doesn't. Moving all the windows onto the same monitor makes no
difference.

It may be something about the document that is odd, for example are you looking at it in double page view. One could raise the question do things go wrong with just one monitor - same system monitor turned off, or same document on another system.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK