[softwarelist] Re: OPW - referencing pictures and drive path changes

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 13:58:58 +0100

Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote:
In message of 8 Aug, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The ability to reference pictures in OP/OPW documents is an extremely useful feature, but problems arise when the location of the picture file "changes".

I have the same problem with Referencing on an Iyonix.  I have never
found a solution, so thanks for the file renaming suggestions above.

Two things that would make life easier would be ...

1. A picture "reference" is akin to a Windows shortcut -- a utility that would "repair" the shortcut/reference when the location of a picture changes would be useful. Does such a thing exist in Windowsland?

2. Under XP, OPW (with View>Options>Picture ticked) collapses if it tries to open a page containing a reference to a picture it can't find. Would it be possible (Mr P.) to reprogram OPW to automatically switch the View>Option>Picture setting to "off" (unticked) rather than collapsing when it encounters an incorrect picture reference?
--
C.B.