[softwarelist] Re: OPW - direct PostScript

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:55:23 +0000

charles wrote:
In article <op.uk4j9jm07kyep4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Understood. Distiller has various default settings, but allows the user
to add/save their own "custom settings". As I've already indicated,
it's not immediately obvious to me how you alter the page size.

It quite obvious to me, having just looked.

Run Distiller, click on 'settings' then "edit Adobe pdf settings" and
Default page size is at the bottom of the screen.  Those default settings,
which I have never touched, give a paper height of 27.92 - there's your
missing 2cms (A4 being 29.7).

Thank you. That is indeed the answer. But I think you have the Windows version of distiller? I can can confirm that setting page height to 29.7 solves the problem. HOWEVER ... I am trying to output PDFs using the Mac version, and I have yet to figure out how to change the default page settings in the way you can in the Windows version (simply setting the default page to A4 doesn't do the trick). I have no doubt it's there somewhere, but such things tend to be a bit more opaque in the Mac world (or so I find).

So, if there are any Mac users out there with a copy of Acrobat who can supply the answer, I'd be most grateful.
--
C.B.