[softwarelist] Re: OPW - direct PostScript

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:11:33 -0000

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:03:12 -0000, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In message <op.uk39rivx7kyep4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
Good question. I don't see any way of setting the paper size, except within the print dialogue. I have the print dialogue set to Acrobat Distiller (A4 paper size) by default, altho' in this instance I'm printing to file.

I was going to say, what is the paper size of the final program. 2cm being cropped from the top, does that imply a 2cm gap at the bottom (i.e. a shift), or is the final paper size 2cm smaller than the size of what you're printing.

The latter.

I would expect the final program, the one that is losing the 2cm, lets you set a page size.

I guess so - but I see no obvious way of changing the page size from within Acrobat Distiller.

A windows PostScript printer driver typically puts out its own header information, I guess that includes the paper size. If you select "generic PostScript" then this header is dispensed with, you just get the pure PostScript from Ovation Pro and nothing else.

Understood. Distiller has various default settings, but allows the user to add/save their own "custom settings". As I've already indicated, it's not immediately obvious to me how you alter the page size. However, since the Windows driver produces acceptable results, I won't lose any sleep over it.
--
C.B.