[softwarelist] Re: OPW and Windows 7 - another problem?

  • From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:21:56 +0000

Clive Bonsall wrote:
I reported an issue with mouse drag speed when running OPW in a Windows 7
virtual machine (on a macbook pro). I think I may have found another problem ...

I've just installed the Windows 32-bit version of Acrobat 9 Pro on the Windows
7 VM. When I print to AdobePDF from OPW, the document appears in the print
queue (briefly) but no save box opens.

As a check, I installed OPW and Acrobat 9 on my WinXP netbook ... and printing to AdobePDF works just fine.
Could this be a Windows 7 / OPW compatibility issue?

C.B.
You have now verified that OPW works with XP on native hardware. Now try installing Windows 7 on the native hardware. Only if OPW fails to work correctly on this setup can you say that the fault lies with OPW and Windows 7.

By introducing a VM without the above check, you cannot be certain that the interaction between the VM and Windows 7 is not the cause of your problems.

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden

For quality bespoke acoustic guitars phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx