[softwarelist] Re: OPW OP fonts in Windows 7

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 20:49:40 +0000

In message <15c388d650.Bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

So what's the difference between your zip file and InstallFonts.exe
on your website?

The exe consists of a zip file glued on to a piece of code. It would be easy to load the .exe into a programmers editor, eyeball the tags at the start of the zip and then save it.

I was going to comment on Dave Symes problems, that most of my .exe files are compressed, and expand when run, this is standard on RISC OS (squeeze), less common on Windows. Point being that some virus programs don't like the look of expanding .exe files.

Seemed reasonable when I started Windows programming, by now transfer speeds are such that we could probably all live without compressed .exe's.