[softwarelist] Re: OPW OP fonts in Windows 7

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 13:17:02 +0000

In message <50d6dd8519rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rob Hemmings (News)" <rhnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Interestingly I also get the same error message when trying to install
these fonts, even with my virus checker disabled :-(
Could a non-compressed version of the installer be made available on a
web site somewhere?  (Or just the fonts without the installer?)

This is my fault, virus checkers have nothing to do with problems installing fonts. I was talking about Dave Symes problems installing the main program.

I have to make a pretence of being in business, so I can't just give the fonts away.

When we get it all sorted out as open source, I'll give the fonts away too (assuming the font designer agrees (hi)).

In the meantime, you could turn hacker as per my previous comments and extract the zip file from the .exe. Or wait until I get W7 and sort things out.

My feeling is that the problem is running the font installer without enough admin rights, or the main program not being installed. I think Bernard has told us that the fonts can be installed in the normal way.