[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Enhanced justification

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:45:10 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <48FE221B.10106@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
David Pilling wrote:
In message <48FCFBE3.5020701@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
There appears to be a consistent problem when a line ends in a full stop

OK, Clive sent me an example and the error is large - so nothing to do with pixel rounding etc. I've investigated and it is a bug. I think the problem has arisen because of differences in the Acorn and Windows C compilers.

I'll put a fixed version on the Ovation Pro CD web site this afternoon - Sunday 26th October - www.davidpilling.com/cd

The problem is in text formatting, so you'll have to force a "reflow" of the text. If only one line is a problem just delete a character and put it back, to reflow the whole document make a change to the bodytext style, close the edit style window, and then go back and put the style back to what it was, I suggest changing the background colour of text.

Thanks. I see a definite improvement to the example I sent you, tho' there is still a slight variation in the positions of line endings with respect to the right margin.

(n.b. OPW Help tells me I'm using the 26 October version, and I've reflowed the text as per your instructions).

The new version of the example file can be found in the usual place.
--
C.B.