[softwarelist] Re: OP on Linux (revisited)

  • From: Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:44:45 +0100

On 25 Jun, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message of 25 Jun, Roger Foden <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is anyone using OvPro via VRPC on a Mac?

> Yes.  Works OK but not given it a real thrash; that will
> have to wait until I get a bit nearer to a total migration
> to Mac which will then run all of Mac, Risc OS, Ubuntu and,
> if all else fails, Windows.  But this will need a much
> beefier machine than my present Mini.

This thread seems to have wandered off topic from my original
posting. The main reason I started it was to see if a _native_
Linux version was now more feasable.

Scribus and Passepartout are the main free competition. Theres
PageStream which was developed from an Atari program and is
commercial.

However David seems not to have tried his Linux box which in
my view is a pity as my experience of part-migrating to Ubuntu
Linux has been very positive.

I now supply Ubuntu computers to new users because of cost,
the ease of use and stabillity and a native OPro as an option
would be very advantagous.

--
besters..
          Ned