[softwarelist] Re: OP on Linux (revisited)

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:27:08 +0100

In a dim and distant universe <4865EB6E.20505@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

> Thus neatly side-stepping the issue of appearance, which is what you
> passed comment about. What did I tell you Steve (Fryatt)? He found a way
> to side-step your question.

I wasn't commenting about appearance, other than the fact the Java engine
generally runs in a self-contained window which offers little integration
with the host GUI.

My main criticism of Java (in my experience) is the speed.

Paul Vigay
Editor, www.RISCOS.org

--
Using, programming and promoting RISC OS - the most productive computer
system in the world. Check it out now, and change your view of computers!!

To reply/email, visit http://www.riscos.org/feedback/

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway...