[softwarelist] Re: OP on Linux (revisited)

  • From: Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:42:38 +0100

Paul Vigay wrote:
In a dim and distant universe
<ac282fb64f.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

Huh?  Have you ever /seen/ a copy of Personal Accountz, Paul?

I've seen a copy of the current Accountz yes. Mainly because a friend
wanted an accounts package and I recommended Prophet, but as that's not
available anymore (and he also has a PC) he bought a copy of Accountz. He
then phoned me up saying he didn't think it was very good - so I went round
to have a look - which is when I was shocked to see how slow it was.

Thus neatly side-stepping the issue of appearance, which is what you passed comment about. What did I tell you Steve (Fryatt)? He found a way to side-step your question.

Come on, Paul, tell us why this product in particular and Java applications in general are dreadful in appearance. Also tell us why Java applications should be dreadful in appearance simply because they are written in Java.

--

Regards, Phillip Marsden

For quality bespoke acoustic guitars phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx