[softwarelist] Re: Moving a chapter from OP Windows to RISCOS

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:54:25 +0000

Hi John,

Well, I tried it, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The toolbox is
still missing when I open the document alone in RISCOS.

Hmm. If you want me to have a go - send me the document.

You can completely flatten settings like this by saving as DDL and then reloading.

Bodytext01, but however I try to change it I am stuck with Trinity on the
screen, whatever font I place in the style setup. If I create a completely
new style that, likewise, doesn't seem to do anything when I set it, but if
I base a new style on any other existing style (i.e. other than Bodytext or
Bodytext01) then it does work.

Always bear in mind that styles form a stack with the completely separate effects layer on top.

effects
style A
style B
BodyText

If style A sets a font, you can do what you like with fonts in style B and BodyText, there will be no visible change because style A is higher up the stack and takes precedence.

Anything, styles or effects can potentially change the font or leave it alone.

Going back to the original posting, I wonder if you're concentrating on the font set in BodyText when you should be looking at style B - i.e. another style somewhere up the stack. "Remove all styles and effects" can be an interesting experiment.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com