[softwarelist] Re: Modifying referenced DrawFile pictures

  • From: "John Grogan" <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 23:43:30 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:49 PM
Subject: [softwarelist] Re: Modifying referenced DrawFile pictures

In message <4A951E784EF840E092312D7C0A343EE7@PC01>, John Grogan <johngrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

>I am using Ovation Pro on an Iyonix and I have a referenced Draw file as >a >picture. If I alter the Draw file so as to increase the size of the >bounding box >then when I re-open the document, Ovation seems only to reload that part >of
>the Draw file which is still within the original bounding box.

It wish it wasn't that way... I'd think there are things you can do less drastic than saving DDL and reloading. Although we're in workaround territory. For example changing the referenced filename (e.g. changing a lower to upper case letter). I wonder if editing via OLE (control + double click on picture) gets the change right.

OLE editing causes the new bounding box to be loaded but changing the case of a letter in the file name doesn't - I think Ovation is too smart to be caught out by that!

Regards
John Grogan