[softwarelist] Re: Linking pages

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:53:21 +0000

In message <d023d58c4e.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

This does work as you say it should with the exception that OP does
not ask me for confirmation either on creating or deleting an
autolink.

Choices->General->Give Warnings

You can turn warnings off...

You are right David and I aologise for wasting your time, if I had
thought about it logically I should have looked at my default document

You can ferret around inside !OvnPro and delete the default document if you want to get back to the standard state.

For your info, in case anyone else experiences it, I have been getting
more than normal crashes with OP lately but have narrowed it down to
realising that it only hapens after I have used !SiteMatch and !FTPc
so they are somehow clashing with OP - not a problem when you know as
I just reset the machine every time after I have updated mny website.

A very difficult thing to resolve. ISTR we had another episode of comments like this a while back.

I wonder if anyone has ever written a program to check the internal state of RISC OS. Since if you really want to say running program A upsets program B then it can only happen by program A changing the state of the OS.

I can think of one example, programs written in C will often poke bytes into location zero, and RISC OS will carry on running.