[softwarelist] Re: Linking pages

  • From: JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:31:16 +0100

In message <byIaKOC20yaFFwev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <4e686f8c4e.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JayCee
> <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Sorry I wasn't very clear was I - I hav a document which has one frame
>>on a master page so a new document brngs up a normal page with just
>>the one master frame on it. When this is full of text I thought it
>>should automatically create a new page for the text to flow onto
>
> Only if the frame is an autolinked one.
>
>> but
>>it doesn't. If I 'add a page' then another page appears with just the
>>master frame on it again but I cannot get the text to flow from page 1
>>to page 2 even though when the linking tool is turned on an arrow is
>>shown between the two master frames.
>
> Odd behaviour.
>
>>Autolink seems to be what I am looking for.

I have experimented this morning David and it appears that somehow I
have created a new default document.

> On the master pages, select the link tool. An auto linked frame should
> have an arrow back into itself - and if it does not you can create such
> a link. If you create an auto link OP will ask for confirmation and if
> you select an auto link and press delete it will again ask for
> confirmation.

This does work as you say it should with the exception that OP does
not ask me for confirmation either on creating or deleting an
autolink.

>>I have just experimented and if I click <select> on the iconbar icon
>>then it does as I described ie doesn't create a new page and flow
>>automatically but if I click <menu> and select 'new' then it does work
>>as expected.
>>Is this the normal action?
>
> I wouldn't think so, but when you click on the icon bar icon you're
> create a new copy of the default document (something which you create
> and save from the file menu), when you click on 'new' you're creating a
> document from scratch.
>
> So all this may come down to you've created an unusual default document.

You are right David and I aologise for wasting your time, if I had
thought about it logically I should have looked at my default document
first and as you rightly said I have somehow managed to save a
different one - I have been changing some master pages lately in
documents and I guess I must have clicked on save as default without
realising it.

Thanks for the replies.

For your info, in case anyone else experiences it, I have been getting
more than normal crashes with OP lately but have narrowed it down to
realising that it only hapens after I have used !SiteMatch and !FTPc
so they are somehow clashing with OP - not a problem when you know as
I just reset the machine every time after I have updated mny website.

--
JayCee