[softwarelist] Re: Layout sheet

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:11:56 +0100

In message <gemini.jcf2bx000i8aq01i0.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David Boddie <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The report of what the printer said sounded pretty vague to me, but I'm
>> not terribly interested in getting to the bottom of that problem. I only
>> responded because you used such a condescending tone with Martin.
>
> Not at all. Martin appeared to be rubbishing the printer's comments about
> layers by dismissing their concept in PDF files. Which is misinformation.

My information was based on the PDF specification. To the best of my
knowledge there is no other authoritative source of information about
the PDF format. Furthermore, I spent a lot of time researching and
composing the message that you call "misinformation".

I will not continue commenting on this topic here - it is not really
relevant to this list.

>> I suggest you take a look at the PDF Reference and suggest a workaround
>> for the problem.
>>
> If there is a hidden layer which is interfering with the image, the only
> courses of action are to either (a) see if you can remove it in the RISC
> OS application which created it - such as Photodesk or, (b) get a friendly
> PC or Mac person with Acrobat installed to do it for you.
>
> It may be that (b) is the easiest and Paul may have it on his Mac.

I suggest avoiding such a waste of time. Instead, it would be a good
idea to find out what the problem really is.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx