[softwarelist] Re: Layout sheet

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:23:44 +0000 (GMT)

In article <PBLv2yE$PQrFFwXZ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
[Snip]

> Without more information this is hard to answer. The problem could be
> nothing to do with OP - might be hardware, might be other software.

> Of course it could easily be a bug in Ovation Pro. If it is a bug it
> will be triggered by a specific set of actions.

This is a tricky one. Louie is using OvationPro (version 2.77) on my Iyonix
Aria Cube, which has RISC OS 5.11 on it. I've been trying to spot a common
cause to this problem for several months now. I'm sure it's possibly an
interaction between OvPro and some other piece of software - but other than
disabling everything else whilst using OvPro, it's a bit tricky to diagnose.

I generally quit all applications before I let Louie loose on the machine,
but I guess it could also be triggered by a third-party module loaded at
boot up (things like IClear, MoveWindow, WindOpen, QFiler and RPFS etc) -
but disabling all of those for an extended period would be rather
irritating! :-)

I don't think it's hardware because the same problems used to occur on my
older Iyonix before I upgraded.

However, if I can track anything down I'll report back! :-)

Paul

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

51 things to do in a lift....
 29. Leave a box between the doors.