[softwarelist] Key shortcut Ctrl-A vs Capslock

  • From: Jim Nagel <opro130803@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:07:28 +0100

David Pilling  wrote on 7 Sep:
> ... maybe it was felt that Ctrl+A was too easy to mix up with caps lock.
> (sat at keyboard which has had caps lock key removed)

Put this in !boot.choices.boot.tasks :
www.archivemag.co.uk/JN/beepcaps.zip   (2k)

Says "beep" when Capslock goes uppercase and "boop" for lower.

Originally by Bruce Coleman for Archive 21:10, improved by Steve
Fryatt and twiddled by me.  Still needs a fix for when system beep is
configured to be any sound module more interesting than the defaults.
See Readme file within the zip.

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk