[softwarelist] Re: Kerning

  • From: "David Pilling" <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 00:53:26 -0000

>When I swopped to using Ovation I found one feature
>that just does not work at all well - namely kerning.

Kerning was not well done. It is done by "tracking" pairs of characters.

Now much later on I added "fixed spaces" to OP, they would be a better way
of handling kerning.

However I don't recognise the symptoms you describe. They sound like what
one might get with enhanced justificaiton enabled or characters jumping to
pixel boundaries (more of a Windows phenomena than RISC OS).

David Pilling.