[softwarelist] Re: Installing fonts on Window 7 64bit

  • From: andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 22:48:09 +0100

-----davidpilling-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

>>When I run the installer it pops up a window saying I need an
>>installed and registered version of OPW (which I have). I cick
>
>The two things I think it could fall down on are:
>
>(1) program registration, you may have entered the code but is it
>showing as registered. This ties in with the next point...

Yes, it shows a registered.

>(2) running the font installer with enough privileges, you need to
>have
>admin or super user (or whatever it is called) status. Same applies
>registering the program.

Run as administrator. That seems to be the magic I didn't think of.
Running the font installer as administrator seems to fix it.

I didn't seem to need to do that for the main program.

Anyway, that's fixed it. Thanks

Andy Ling

--
This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not an

Quantel is the trade name used by Quantel Holdings Limited and its
subsidiaries.  Quantel Holdings Limited is registered in England & Wales.
Registration No: 4004913
Contact details for all Quantel Offices and Companies can be found on our
website www.quantel.com or by writing to the holding company.
Registered address: Turnpike Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2NX, United
Kingdom