[softwarelist] Re: Installing fonts on Window 7 64bit

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 22:25:55 +0100

Hi,

In message <OF8B9497D3.79761C97-ON802578E6.00744C67-802578E6.00744C87@xxxxxxxxxxx>, andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes

When I run the installer it pops up a window saying I need an
installed and registered version of OPW (which I have). I cick

The two things I think it could fall down on are:

(1) program registration, you may have entered the code but is it showing as registered. This ties in with the next point...

(2) running the font installer with enough privileges, you need to have admin or super user (or whatever it is called) status. Same applies to registering the program.

The font installer needs to be able to see the registration key from the main program in the registry.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK