[softwarelist] Re: Insert page number (OP RISC OS)

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 07:08:08 GMT

On 21 Mar 2007  Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <8J6jk2AX9ZAGFwUH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <d5fc2cc74e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young
>> <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>> >Is there a way of automatically inserting the page number, e.g. in a
>> >footer, as "n of x" instead of just "n"? I've RTFM, and can't find
>> >anything about this. Or is there an applet to do this? Again, I've
>> >looked and not found.
>

>> There isn't an automatic page total, in the same way that there is
>> an automatic page number.
>
>> ISTR that someone has set up the macros/field necessary to let
>> "page N of X" be generated by using mail merge to do the printing.
>> So you have a mail merge tag instead of the total number of pages
>> and then use mail merge to print.
>
> Look at the url
>
>       http://www.chris-johnson.org/ovationpro/hints.html#pagexofy
>
> You might find that of some use.

Many thanks; that looks to be exactly what I'm after. No time to try
it today, as we're away all day, but I'll have a try at the weekend.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.