[softwarelist] Re: Insert page number (OP RISC OS)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:10:47 +0000

In message <d5fc2cc74e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Is there a way of automatically inserting the page number, e.g. in a
footer, as "n of x" instead of just "n"? I've RTFM, and can't find
anything about this. Or is there an applet to do this? Again, I've
looked and not found.

There isn't an automatic page total, in the same way that there is an automatic page number.

ISTR that someone has set up the macros/field necessary to let "page N of X" be generated by using mail merge to do the printing. So you have a mail merge tag instead of the total number of pages and then use mail merge to print.