[softwarelist] Re: Insert Page

  • From: Robert Greenfield <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:15:55 +1200

On 10 Aug, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> In message <514410b059theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robert Greenfield
> <theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >I've got a document where text flows between master frames and I want to
> >insert a page in the middle of this flow.

> Why don't you just use the insert page option?

See feeble reason below...

> >My problem is that most pages have extra graphic frames and text frames
> >which 'float' i.e. they are not embedded.

> That should make the insert page option OK, unlike Dave Symes at the
> start of this thread you won't end up with pages being removed as fast
> as you add them.

You are quite correct (unsuprisingly) :-)

In my tired stupor it looked wrong and I couldn't work out why.
Inserting a new page before page X did just that and the extra frames
were where they were expected. What caught me out is that the text was on
the page that I had just inserted instead of on page X.

This now makes perfect sense - the master frames are linked - adding a
'page break' put the text back on page X and left my new page blank as
expected.

Anyway - now is a good a time as any to say what a joy it is to use
OvPro, Artworks2, TableMate, RISC OS fonts (incl. Sibelius's OpusIV) and
PS3 - thanks to those authors.
I can produce quite complex, attractive documents as .pdfs to print
(often as booklets) at school using the colour laser printer.
I find there is a better chance of students actually reading attractive
documents - nasty looking photocopies don't really get a look in these
days.

Today it came up in conversation with my senior students that I use an
Acorn. They remembered Acorns from their primary school days as 'kids
computers'.
I then pointed out all my work was published using RISC OS and added that
if Macs were so great with design and publishing then why are so few
teachers producing anything that looks any good?
Of course most teachers are using MS Word. Let's not go there. Poor souls.

regards,

--
Robert Greenfield

Webmonster. RISC OS and Acorn solutions.
<theboss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  -  http://www.webmonster.co.nz/