[softwarelist] Re: Insert Page

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 22:16:08 +0100

In message <513c055440dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I now have about a pages worth of additional data that I need to add
(Copy/Paste from another source) between pages 1 and 2.
The top of this new data is directly connected to the bottom of existing
page 1 data, and the bottom of this new data is directly connected to the
top of the old page 2 data, and as the document is still in construction,
I might need to add/edit page 1, so the text must continue to flow 1,2,3,4
and so on.

If you want your data to flow, then it has to be embedded in the text flow. If you want a new page in this situation, use the insert in text -> new page code. That seems like it does exactly what you want - the problem is that the thing called "insert page" does something different.

Sometimes if you have stuff in frames but need to add more stuff in the middle of it, it is better to embed the frames in a text flow, rather than stick them in absolute positions on pages.

The capability to have more than one text flow through a document can be useful. For example you can have one flow for pictures and another by the side of it for pictures.

Alan - forgive me for stealing your idea.