[softwarelist] Re: Insert Page

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:00:56 +0100

In article <513bedfa8fdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Do you have auto flowing text between pages (you are using master
> > pages that are linked to autoflow text)? If you do, then the text
> > will flow back into the new page and the last page will be now empty
> > (and would be deleted if auto page delete was set). You need to
> > unlink the master pages and/or use local frames to prevent the text
> > being reflowed.

> Sorry... Lost.

> Originally, click OvPro and my default document opened. Page with
> nothing on except a box/frame at the bottom with Page number.

> Page gets filled with text, at the bottom a new page is created...
> and so on. ?

Yes - I think that is your problem. You have a 'standard' master page
with autoflow set (in the master page the master frame is linked back
to itself). When you insert a page, OPro does indeed insert the
page... but ... because the text is auto flowing, OPro then reflows
the document - what was on the new page three flows back in to the
blank page two and now page three is empty.

Try going in to edit master page and remove the autolink (select the
link tool, select the link - it turns red rather than green - and
press Delete - it should disappear).

OPro will no longer produce new pages automatically, but you can now
insert pages as you need to, either at the end or in the middle. The
text will not now flow automatically from page to page.

The alternative is to use local frames on each page to put your text
in. You will then find that inserting pages in the middle of the
document will work as you expect - the local frames will all move on
one page and a new blank page (without a local frame) will be
created. If you do need to have text autoflowing over a particular
page to the next you can link the local frames on those two pages to
give local text flow.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve - the simplest of all is
just to insert page breaks as you need them, that will push the
following text on. However, if you also have local frames then they
will not move, but an insert page will push them on.

--
Chris Johnson