[softwarelist] Re: Incremental saving - OPW

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:24:29 +0000 (GMT)

On 16 Mar, dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In article <5lykAKBDRlvJFwSt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > In message <7414B49525764BFA8240A708C18B441B@OFFICE>, jeff wallis
> > <jeff.wallis@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> > >Is there an applet available for the Windows version of Ovation Pro
> > >that will automatically add a incremental number to the filename each
> > >time a file is saved?

> > Does anyone know if there is such a thing for RISC OS?

> > My feeling is that it could be done as a one line macro - read the
> > filename, work out a number, generate new filename and save.

> That would be useful, if one knew how...

> If you have !Keystroke you can set up such a thing, IIRC page (Pause
> while checks) yes page 44 of the Keystroke manual give some description
> of how to set it up... Additional IIRC it can be given a timer so that
> every nn seconds or minutes, set by the user it will auto save with
> incremental number.

> Dave

Hush my mouth, and chop off my fingers...
I already have something in OvPro that does that very thing.

It's a Macro button containing... I even have an sprite in my pool for it.

{save_incremented()}

You save the first time manually.  "Myfile001"
thereafter at the click of the tool button is saves again as !Myfile002"
and so on.

Dave