[softwarelist] Re: Importing Impression files into OP

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:40:22 +0100

Dave Symes wrote:
In article <47F0181F.4040708@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dave Symes wrote:
In article <EJrrb4E1wo7HFw$A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

Well you can load Impression docs into OPW - you can't merge them
into an existing document direct, but of course once loaded you can
copy/paste chapters between documents
[Snip]

Mr P. I cannot get this to work. I have an Impression publisher doc
folder called "!Sample" and nothing I seem to do will load it into
WinOvPro version 2.92 5th March 2008

Doesn't seem to be a problem here. Procedure is as follows: in Windows, open <VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\HardDisc4> then drag an Impression folder (filename,bc5) and drop into an OPW window. Translation from Impression to OPW format is good, apart from loss of AW graphics and some font mapping problems.

Sorry Clive, but we are talking about completely different things.

I'm talking about OPW That is, Ovation Pro for Windows... Not Ov Pro
working under VRPC.

I'm talking about taking an Imp doc and putting it in OvPro for Windows.

I, too, am talking about OvPro for Windows (aka OPW). But an Impression file presumably originates from a RiscOS directory ... in my case a RiscOS disk image on my WinPC. I was simply illustrating the procedure I'm using for importing an Impression document into OPW ... note the bc5 extension.
--
C.B.