[softwarelist] Re: Importing Impression files into OP

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:51:41 +0100

In article <jeYSuIG57$7HFwrQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4f885731a1dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >> I mean I made a change to the program a year or so ago to allow folder
> >> documents to be loaded.
> >I cannot get this to work.
> >I have an Impression publisher doc folder called "!Sample" and nothing I
> >seem to do will load it into WinOvPro version 2.92 5th March 2008
> >
> >"Can't open input file" is one message.
> >
> >Can you please explain how you think this should work?

> I know this one because someone else asked me a couple of days back.
> You've missed the "weasel words" in the documentation. The files inside
> the folder have to have the correct extensions - say there is a draw
> file, it needs to be named:

> picture.drw

> if your file transfer software has mangled it into

> picture,aff.dat

> or something, then it won't work.

> So it needs a very clean set up of file transfer software and Mimemap.

Thanks David.
That's not going to work realistically, time wise.

I have LanmanFS set for NoTypes: Y  So all the files end up on the PC side
clean.

Even if I had the time, I have no idea what the .suffix would be for the
!DocData file or the rest of the files withing the !nnnn Directory.

Taking this a step furthur. I've put the document back into Impression and
re-saved it out as a single file document.

That will load into OvPro for Windows.

It's important that the now single file Imp doc is named with a .bc5
suffix otherwise it will not load into OvPro for windows.

Err:
"Document feature level not high enough to use unicode."

So folks remember "Name.bc5"

Dave S